Part 3: What To Expect
A minimum number of organizations and/or programs is required. Two to three paid staff and two to three volunteers from each organization must participate.
- Staff, including at least one executive team member and a designated key staff person, will participate in “virtual” training.
- Two to three carefully selected volunteers will attend a 1.5 day, in-person training.
- PowerUP! staff and trainers will provide “startup” technical assistance in finalizing an action plan and charter of understanding that will be drafted during the virtual and on-site training.
Recommended characteristics of participating staff and volunteers:
- Experienced communicator
- Ability to think “outside the box”
- Willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Flexibility in adapting to need and circumstances through creativity
- Openness to shared leadership
- Ability to think critically and deal with conflict
- Willingness and ability to commit to a team role and expectations
- Willingness to learn from others
- Passion for working with and through people
Volunteer Collaborative pays for:
- Training venue, food and beverage during in-person volunteer training
- Access to web-based researched-based training materials, forms, and tools
- Expert training staff and coaches
- Continuing technical assistance, including monthly calls and two hours of follow-on technical assistance
Participants / Organizations pay for:
- Travel and out-of-pocket expenses for volunteers to participate in on-site training
- Staff time for participating in training and serving as liaison with the team.
- Project-related expenses
- Lodging (one night, depending on proximity to training location)
Please contact Patricia Reid at any time if you have any questions: