Part 3: Training
The Self-Directed Volunteer Network provides a signature training to equip organizations to implement the self-directed team concept. This fresh approach to volunteer engagement is rooted in research and evidence-based approaches to recruit, engage and retain the next generation of volunteers.
For volunteers, the team experience provides an unparalleled opportunity to leverage skills, capabilities, and networks, and even uncover new talents. By engaging volunteer teams, organizations discover new ways to address the important issues, extend the mission and reach of the agency, while making tangible contributions to their communities.
Customized training is offered by certified facilitators to organizations in a variety of convenient formats that will always include at a minimum:
- The SDVN Institute Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™ Online Tutorial
- Organizational Readiness Assessment
- The required elements of a Charter Agreement between the organization and volunteer team that clarifies roles, responsibilities and ‘life cycle’
- How to be effective in the role of a Key Staff Person
- How to be effective in the role of a Team Facilitator
- Critical success factors
- How to access coaching support and technical assistance
- Access to the Self Directed Volunteer Network™ online community to document progress and access expert assistance, resources, tools, and templates
Our workshops utilize various teaching methods including discussions, interactive learning, scenarios and group exercises. Participants should expect to leave with a clear vision for their teams and their first project, documented action plans, tools to keep going, and the support for success.
The SDVN is excited to support organizations in engaging volunteers in their communities through self-directed volunteer teams. For more information, please Contact Us.